Thursday, April 26, 2012

bushwick bird

job interviews are so retarded to me. I hate the application proccess. so stupid the protocol of copying the exact information i put on my resume to their form of application. fucking stupid then the interview where I can't stop from adjusting my hands and legs, speaking with a sight shakiness in my voice like i'm afraid of getting hired.  but the thing is i am overqualified for all of these positions in this tryfe city full of closet drug addicts and alcoholics.  i see people make it here through that. but how real is it to just get paid to party? i think this is the only place where that could be a way of life. maybe i'm jealous that it can work for some people but not for me. i saw a dead baby bird on my way to the interview.  on my way home i picked up a pack of cigarettes and walked by the local bum that practically lives on a bus bench. he of course asked me for a cigarette, a lady waiting for the bus asked me too. i told them they could share, but then on second look this lady look relatively clean and normal, so sharing with homeless jesus was probably something she wouldnt want to do. i decided id give her one too, thank god i did.  she told me there was a box of books right there that i could look through someone just left it.
so for the price of 2 cigarettes i got 4 practically new books
-Diary of a Madman (and other stories) by Nikolai Sogol
-The Idiot- Fyodor Dostoevsky
-The Sound and Fury-William Faulkner
-The Darling-Russel Banks

already half way through diary of a madman.

No comments:

Google